Saturday, May 21, 2011

Garage Sales! {or fun stuff that we really do need, I promise}

Well last week, I had a garage sale at my mom's and we did pretty good considering we only had a little apartment's worth of knick knacks to sell.

Brittany came and helped and also added a few things to the sale.  After decluttering our lives last weekend, we decided the best thing to do this week was, what else? Garage Sale!

We test drove a few things...
...and went all over Eugene, scouring sale after sale.  We finally narrowed down our search to specific things {me-frames to paint and Brittany-pots and chairs to paint}.

We were so successful in our day's work that we needed to take a picture:

Yes, it does look like we set up our own garage sale in the parking lot. We may have gone a little overboard, but we thought hard about our purchases before we made them and we didn't spend much money at all.

The movies The Little Princess and  Little Women  were free so how could I pass that up? The scarf was .50 and I think it will make a great headband this summer. 

The bat, baseballs, and softballs are for Adam. I had to call and check and yes, he would like them please.

The owls in the orange matted frames are mine and I do not regret them one bit.  They spoke to me.  Those frames are going to be white soon though. Gold is not my thing.

I got two little chairs for my nieces for camping.  A whole $20 box of unopened fondant for $2, free corks for Denae, and an Oregon pillowcase for my uncle Brad.

The Dodgers shirt is Brittany's, along with the pots, chairs, and Frederick.

And last, but not least, the first and most worthwhile purchase of the day....THE BULL.
This bull pitcher is the most amazing piece ever.  After I showed it to Denae, she told me about cereal parties and now I can't wait until Griff is older so we can do that too.  This would be perfect for the milk.

But for now, it will sit on the window proudly.





After we set up our loot photo shoot, we called Austin from the golf course behind Brittany's apartment.   We said we needed help, but really we wanted to tease him.  We told him all of that stuff was Brittany's and mine was already in my car.  This was his reaction:
He did not approve!  Once I removed all my knick knacks from the equation, he was fine.

I'm excited to get started on painting my frames and I can't wait to set up our own place at the end of the summer!

1 comment: