Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Day Up the Mckenzie

On a whim, we decided to drive up the Mckenzie and get some fresh air and possibly go on a hike.  My first thought was Ike's.  I went here a long time ago with my dad and sisters and I remember how awesome the broasted chicken and potatoe sliced fries are. The pizza smelt awesome too.
 So we stopped and we ate and we stayed a little extra long just in case we'd see Morgan Freeman.  Yeah. Apparently, his manager lives around there and Morgan (we eat at the same place, I can call him this) comes here about twice a month to eat.  Anyway, we didn't see him.

But, we did see a stuffed snow leopard on the wall.  Seriously.  I love the way this place was decorated. It definitely made it more fun to eat there.
 There was a wall dedicated to the Mckenzie River Lions.  This stuff was old and awesome.
 Of course, there were antlers and stuffed everythings on the wall.  Plus, an arcade area.  Adam ran up to me and begged me for quarters.  Him and Griffey played while we waited for our greasy awesomeness.

Then we were off to the....
 Yep. Fish hatcheries are our thing. We are all about fish hatcheries.  I think this may be why we decided to tie the knot. Our mutual love for fish hatcheries and our mutual disgust in eating anything in fish form. We like looking at them. No, love looking at them, but we do not like them (Sam I Am).
 We are fish hatchery connoisseurs (Hood River is the front runner) and we are teaching Griffey to love it too. I told Adam I was out of quarters at the arcade after a while, earlier, because I really like putting a quarter in the fish food machine and getting a handfull of smell fish food.

He was not impressed by my craftiness.
 Like father, like son.  I dressed Griffey without knowing what Adam was wearing.  Their closets are so similar that these 'Who wore it best' moments happen a lot.
 Forget the fish, Griffey was most excited about having freedom to run around all over the place.
 Under the bridge, there were a lot of fish. Griffey was entranced by them.  I wonder why so many? Was Adam sharing his Rockstar with them?
The visit ended with a look at the aquarium and then a snack of trailmix that Griffey helped me make (pretzels, raisins, chocolate chips, crackers, and teddy grahams.  He learned that if you pull everything out and throw it on the ground, you can get to the chocolate quicker.  Yeah....

Once, we got in the car, Griffey fell asleep, and we continued up the Mckenzie to scout of some exploring spots for another day.  We went to Blue River and are excited to go back in the summer to camp there. It was beautiful!

I am so glad that Adam was able to take a break from schoolwork (I don't have any. Are you kidding?) and come play with us for the day.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great time. Sometimes it is nice to just get out of the norm and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that Danielle! Come back here so we can hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great time!! I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time. Another hatchery to see- go up Hwy 58 past Oakridge and take a left after Dinks Market. This hatchery has birds as well as a picnic area and fish ponds. Sorry no arcade games. Further east, Salt Creek Falls offers a hike if desired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sarah!

    Dad- Thanks for the tip. That sounds like a good day!

    ReplyDelete