Saturday, May 7, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter!

Griffey, Adam, my mom, and I went to the annual Coburg Easter Hunt. In case you were wondering, no, there are no eggs and no, there is no hunt involved.

Each age group stands around a roped off area and when the Easter Bunny says 'go' everyone jumps in to make a mad dash for as much loot as possible.

I felt that I should show Griffey how to properly succeed at this 'hunt' because there were a lot of kids itching for the stuffed bunny that I planned on beelining to and there is nothing more thrilling than racing and winning against three feet tall children who have just learned to walk...

Griffey did not feel the same rush of excitement. He was nervous and overwhelmed. He puts his fingers in his mouth when he is overwhelmed.  I've only seen him do this a couple times.  He also didn't understand why a) he had to stay behind the rope and b) why there were stuffed animals and candies all over the grass. 

Plus, I may have scared him with my overzealousness...

eyeing the loot and strategizing the plan of attack

Oh yeah. We got the bunny. You better believe that.


Eating candy and looking for more.  He is definitely my kid. We love us some sweets.


He wasn't sure about the chic with the big white suit on.  He kept his distance.


Yep. Definitely tried to keep his distance.


He did sneek over when the Easter Bunny wasn't looking and grabbed a hard-boiled egg (yuck!) from her basket. Grandma enjoyed that. Griff stuck with his dum dum.

And of course, we tried taking a ton of family pictures. Our expressions never matched. In this one, I didn't get the serious face memo.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool easter hunt! Is he a fan of his bunny? Mira has a bunny obsession lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! You guys should check it out next year. It was nice and low-key. Griffey loves all stuffed animals but none more than his dirty old white bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to remember this for next year, it looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete