Monday, March 28, 2011

School



The day is here—the first day of my last term as an undergraduate! Whoo!

I have been in school since I graduated high school in 2004 and am finally seeing the fruits of my labor! Did you do the math? Yes… I have been in school for seven years! For a four year degree! Ha

I jumped right into school at BYU-Idaho the fall after I graduated high school and went there for a year and a half before I was wooed by Adam and convinced to stay home. We went back together (road trip!) to get all my stuff out of storage. Since I came home at the end of winter term, I couldn't enroll in Eugene and was out of school for half a year. In the fall, I went to Lane CC where I discovered all those classes I worked so hard for in Idaho would not transfer for anything. Lame.

After two years at Lane and an associates transfer degree to show for it, I was told not to apply to the Education program at UofO by my Lane counselor. She said that I needed more volunteer work before I would be able to get it. Wrong. She was so wrong and I was very mad for a long time. I was set back a year. Ugh.

So I went to the UofO anyway and tried a major in math. That. Was. Hard. Hahaha So I finished up as many graduate school prerequisites that year and applied for the Education program the following year. I got in. You don't need volunteer service to get in, by the way. And now after two years in the Educational Foundations undergraduate program, I will be graduating in June! Yay! Finally!

I will be graduating with a whopping 225.5 credits, 60+ of which counted for nothing. Oh well, live and learn.

And because I know I can handle so much school, I decided 'Why not throw in a master's degree?!' so I will start that up at the UofO in June and be done in August 2012 as a full-blown teacher!

1 comment:

  1. I so very proud of you Kelsey! Your hard work and perseverance has paid off. Your dreams are the limits, great job for dreaming big!! Love, Ma

    ReplyDelete