Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally an Update!

Three Generations. Right after Griffey was born.
Brad and Griffey
Grandpa Steve and Griffey
Mommy and Griffey. His temperature was low so we had to lay like this for a little while to try to raise his temp.
Griffey's cute smile!
Grandma Allison and G-man
Mak and Griffey
Casey, Griffey, Grandma Candy, and Amy
Our little family. Talking to Adam through Skype.
He's so cute!
He has his daddy's mouth!
He loves his daddy!
I love his expressions!
Mommy and Griffey
Adam was going to wear this shirt if he was here, so of course we brought it for a photo op!
I have been very preoccupied lately and haven't had a chance to update this blog, but I decided I should attempt to start catching up before it gets too overwhelming.

Griffey was born Thursday, August 20 at 5:09 am. He was 7 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long.
From what I remember, it wasn't too bad. I went to the hospital Wednesday evening, as scheduled, and was supposed to be induced around 5 the next morning. I was given a pretty heavy duty sleeping pill so I could get some good rest before everything went down in the morning. However, Griffey did not want to wait that long and my water broke not too long after the sleeping pill. Everything after that point was a little hazy, because I was very doped up.
Adam was planning on not being on Skype during the birth and just talking on the phone every now and then for updates, but it worked out that Adam was able to be "in the room" via Skype. The computer was facing my face, so we were able to talk to eachother and see eachother during the whole thing. I was very appreciative that he was able to do that and that it worked out so well. Apparently, due to all my drugs, him and I were cracking a lot of jokes and being pretty silly. I don't remember it very well.

It was a long night, but there were a lot of people that came to the hospital and supported us and waited to see Griffey make his debut.
I guess most women want to get out of the hospital as soon as they can after the birth, but I wanted to stay as long as I could! They bring you food and check on you all the time and offer to watch the baby overnight while you sleep. I mainly didn't want to leave though, because I wanted to learn everything I possibly could before I was set free to figure out parenting on my own. I stayed until Saturday and then we stayed at my mom's for the first couple weeks.
My mom was very, very helpful. She took good care of me physically and mentally and watched Griffey and took care of him a lot. There were a couple days when I wasn't feeling well and I was really tired and my mom watched him most of the day and woke me up to feed him. I am very appreciative of all the help and support she gave me and still is. I couldn't imagine doing all this without having family around.
I am staying mainly at my dad's house right now, and spending some time at my mom's too. Luckily, I don't have to work right now, but I am going to school at the UO. Most of my classes are at night, so I have a chance to take a nap and do homework and hang out with Griffey during the day and go to class for a couple hours each night while my mom watches Griffey.

1 comment: