Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Griffey's Blessing

While Adam was home on leave, we had Griffey's baby blessing at Church. Adam did a great job with the blessing and we had a bunch of family and friends come to our ward to share this experience with us.

Over the summer, I took on the project of sewing Griffey's outfit. This was a huge feat for me, because I had no idea how to sew and the ladies at Joann's Fabrics actually told me to get help and didn't believe in me. I guess I asked too many novice questions. They seemed very unsure of me.

Well, I figured it out with some help and I think I did a pretty good job!
Haylee loves Griffey and showed it with kisses after his blessing.
Grandma Booher, Uncle Fred, and Nathan made the trip from Washington. Grandma and Grandpa Dimock also came from Utah. It was great to have so much family here too meet Griffey and see Adam. We had a lot of fun catching up with everyone.
Here is Griffey in his fabulous outfit. It was supposed to have a bowtie, but I didn't quite master that in time. He still looks handsome though!
I'm glad my dad and Lisa got a picture of us all three together while Adam was home! We don't have too many, especially because Adam despises taking pictures.
My two men in their new outfits. Adam got a new suit especially for Griffey's blessing. He was due for a new one considering he got his last one for his mission, I think nine years ago.
Griffey always admires how cool his daddy is.

I am really grateful that Adam was able to give Griffey a blessing while he was here. I think it is a wonderful gift to Griffey from his daddy and I am appreciative that in preparing for his blessing, Adam and I were able to sit down together and talk about our hopes and dreams for Griffey.

Through envisioning how we want Griffey's childhood to be, we were able to see what kind of parents we want to be. The main hopes and goals we have for Griffey is that he may be happy and healthy and understand the importance of sharing his blessings with others-whether they may be his knowledge, his talent, his compassion, his testimony, his humor, or anything that he has to give.

I am grateful for what a wonderful little boy he is and I am excited I get to have him in my life forever.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures, it looks like you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You guys look look like a happy family! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete