Tuesday, December 20, 2011

O Christmas Tree!

Our Christmas party was on December 3rd and I wanted to have a Christmas tree up before then, which meant going to get one during finals week.  Since it was such a busy time, we went less than a mile away to the lot in the Walgreens parking lot {so Christmasy, I know. Maybe we'll make it to a tree farm next year.  It seems like we should considering we live in Oregon}

Griffey got a free candy cane from a dirty lumberjack Santa and accidentally dropped it on the ground.  He put it back in his mouth and when I tried to fish it out, Griffey wasn't about to give up his candy cane, but he did spit out about three pine needles. Oh well. It's fiber, right?


 Griffey was really interested in helping Adam with the ropes.  I usually help, but I wanted to photograph instead.


 Griffey loved unwrapping the ornaments and putting them all on the tree.  As you can see, he had a favorite spot.

 I think I accidentally overtrained Griffey.  When I ask him to smile, this is the face I get.
Ta-Da!  I like our tree because it is a story of us.  I don't like the idea of having a kid's tree and a nice tree because the tree represents who we are as a family.  There are craft projects from when I was a kid on there, ornaments we got the year we were married, and ornaments with pictures of when Adam came home from Iraq. 

One tradtion that my family had when we were little was to watch It's a Wonderful Life  while decorating the tree, which is something we all looked forward to.  Since we don't have that movie yet, we carried the tradition on by watching another Christmas movie while decorating the tree.

3 comments:

  1. Nice bokeh in the funny face picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you. I was trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a family tree too. I think it is so fun to look back at the memories.

    ReplyDelete