Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookies

I think activities are more fun if they have cool names.  For instance, Adam and I are in the middle of Winter Workout Madness {see what I mean?!}.  So, last night I announced it was Christmas Family Fun Night and the activities would include decorating sugar cookies and reading "A Night Before Christmas" which we just checked out at the library.
We decorated them right before dinner, so Griffey was waiting patiently until he could eat one.  Adam and I frosted while Griffey put the mini m&m's on them. 


Since Griffey decided not to eat dinner {which was lasagna, who doesn't like lasagna??}, he didn't get to have a cookie.  When he woke up I really wanted to give him a cookie, but Adam said to wait.  I finally broke down around 9.
Making these cookies reminded me of frosting sugar cookies as a kid because I made the frosting how my mom used to--by mixing powdered sugar, water, and vanilla together, then dividing it up and coloring it.  Also, when we were all done, I put the extra frosting in a container in the freezer, which reminded me of how my sisters and I used to sneak it out of the freezer and put it on graham crackers.

3 comments:

  1. I love the great names you pick for these things. Who wouldn't want to join in on Winter Workout Madness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Thanks for support. Adam can only take so many of these events though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the name idea. I think it makes things more fun. Adam is a good sport. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete