Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cross Stitch

Tis the season for....cross stitching!

I got the package for this little gem at Goodwill and thought it was the perfect Christmas craft project for the free time I had this week.  It only took a couple days and it is actually really relaxing and to do.  This was my first attempt and it is very sloppy on the back, but no one will ever know!
 I recommend cross stitching to all because, while it is very much an old lady thing to do, it is also very fun and relaxing and cheap {especially because there are loads of kits of them at Goodwill}.  Plus, once you are done, you can add it to your list of talents and impress everyone.  LIke your grandma! That's who this lovely ornament is for.
Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love cross stitch. I started some antique cars back in high school (randomly just bought the stuff one day) and finished them when Ashley was born. I am currently working on the Firefly/Serenity characters for frame to give to Jeff for Christmas.
    Yours looks great- and no one is going to be looking at the back anyway. Mine never look good on the back, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay good. I think I need glasses when I do them so I don't get so many wrinkles. I squint pretty much the whole time I am making it.

    ReplyDelete