Thursday, November 17, 2011

My New Pillows


I am really liking yellow, grey, white, and dark blue together.  So, I started getting a bunch of unique pillows to go in this color scheme.  I bought the first two and then coverd two that I already had.  I still have some more old pillows of different sizes, so I'm not done yet. Here's what I have done so far:
I made the one on the right. I used fat quarters and trimmed one side to fit my previous pillows.

Each side has a different pattern.  The back has is light grey with a dark grey pattern, while this side is dark with a light pattern.  I sewed the ends of the ribbon/cord stuff in when I sewed the pillow together and then stitched it in place by hand after I stuffed it. 

pillow #1 fabric from Jo-Anns, #2 Target (on clearance!), #3 fabric from Jo-Anns, #4 Ross
I think I need a small, white lace one to finish it off.

This is the only before picture of my pillows that I could find. It's from May 2010.

I thought pajamas were kind of related to all the talk of pillows, so here is a picture of Griffey and I before we went to Pajama Storytime at the Springfield Library.  A girl came up to me and asked if I was Griff's sister because Mom's don't wear jammies to these things.  She was shocked that I was a mom and wearing jammies.  I thought it was funny.

Another related picture: Griffey fell asleep with his flashlight on.  He got it for his birthday and really likes carrying it around. His room was actually dark but the camera flash was pretty powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your pictures there made me look at my bed! Pajamas and pillows do help a lot if you want fall fast asleep! That made Griffey fall asleep with the flashlight on! Haha!

    [Keila Garstka]

    ReplyDelete