Friday, October 14, 2011

Waiting to be Booed


I was reading The Meanest Mom's latest blog entry about being booed and I have to say, I completely have a different outlook on the whole 'booing' tradition.

'Booing' someone is when you leave a sign and instructions on your neighbor's doorstep with a special halloween treat.  The instructions tell the neighbor to make a a couple copies and do the same thing to more neighbors. 

I am a fan of this tradition because I like giving things to people, I like being neighborly, and I like to come home and see if anyone else has their 'booed' signs up.  It is really cool when every house on the street gets booed and everyone has the signs on their doors.

So, I went out and booed my neighbors.  I got the sheet off the internet, got some little containers from the dollar store, and filled them with candy and toy eye balls.  Three neighbors were given these four days ago. 

Since then, one has put their sign up and none of them have booed anyone else.  FAIL.

Ugh.  This happens every year.  I have tried booing my neighbors since we got married.  That is four years of unsuccessful booing. FOUR!

In high school, our neighbors all got booed and had their signs on their doors.  Everyone in our area of the street had been booed but our house.  This was not okay with me.  I want to be included!!  So, one night my sister, Makenna, and I went out with a Sharpie and changed all the signs that read "BOO" into "BOOB." 

This made us feel better, but it still wasn't the same as being booed.

I am going to give my neighbors the benefit of the doubt and wait a little longer to see if they put their signs up or boo anyone else.  Then I am thinking of trying it again with other neighbors.

I mean, I even chose people that had pumpkins and halloween decorations out.  I thought this year would be different.

1 comment:

  1. If I were there I would SOOOOO Boo you! Sorry your neighbors are party poopers.

    ReplyDelete