Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things I Love: Candy Edition

I love love candy.  Very much.  I feel that I am not simply a candy enjoyer, but more of a candy explorer and a candy enthusiast.  If I see a new type of candy or a new variety of an old favorite, I feel it is my responsibility to try it, disect it, eat it in multiple styles, and analyze the overall experience. 

For instance, I had to try the new hershey's chocolate that have air bubbles.  It sounded weird, so I needed to know.  You know, in case anyone ever asked me.  It was worth trying, fyi.  But not worth putting pants on and going right now, so sit tight.

I figured that because I am such a candy authority, I would share some of my knowledge with you, so here are my five favorites:
  1. Sixlets {much more than an m&m; much different flavor experience.  plus they sell the little strips of them at 7-11 for 15 cents. so that's pretty awesome.}
  2. Twix {this is really a three-part favorite because I love the chocolate twix with peanut butter the most, then the second most is the coconut twix that taste like samoas that I bought at Walgreens once but they haven't gotten them again, and thirdly is the original.}
  3. Spice drops {these come in the bags of candy section that everyone always passes up because they are old people candy. well, I'm telling you--next time, stop and try them. you will not regret it}
  4. Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp milk chocolate bar {these are pretty dang good.  they have layers of crispy wafers and milk chocolate truffle, plus they are only 110 calories.}
  5. York peppermint patty {sometimes when I go grocery shopping, I feel the need to buy four of these and put them in my freezer.  on the nights when I am begging Adam to get me something sweet from the store but also hoping he won't so I won't eat the junk, I remember that the Yorks are up in the fridge waiting for me. they aren't that bad for you anyway right.  they have mint in them and mint is a plant.}
So...enjoy my favorite candies and if you haven't tried one of these, I insist you go try one.  They were all handpicked with love.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate that you're so passionate about your sweets. I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love trying new candy or limited edition. it gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete