Friday, April 1, 2011

Back to Our Parents’ House


Well, long story short… our apartment complex raised the rent while cutting out amenities so it isn't worth it to live here anymore. We are both starting grad school very soon and neither of us are working because of our school work loads, so all our rent money comes from financial aid and savings. It has come to the point where we don't want to waste that much money on living here, so we are out. In 16 days.

We are moving in with Adam's dad, Steve, and his wife Laurel. Fortunately, they are willing to let us live in their downstairs for a while to save up money and not have to stress about rent for a little while. The plan is to stay there through summer and then look for some cheaper apartments or campus housing in the fall.

While it is very calming and comforting to know that we have somewhere to go in times like this, I am very much mourning the loss of our own space. I feel like I just moved us in here and got everything set up how I liked it. Griffey is comfortable here. We are close to everything here. Plus, I am secretly scared to leave this area of town. This is where I have been since middle school, so I am partial to it.

Side note—did you know that boxes from U-Haul are around $2 each?? That's crazy! We are packing with trash bags and used boxes from craigslist.

So, garage sale tomorrow, moving this weekend, half a month to clean our apartment to get our deposit back.

P.S: I love being married to Adam because he is so weird. I just found that mariners picture saved on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment