Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lost Post: Kelsey I finally have written on the blog!

I just found this post in the drafts folder.  Adam must have written it and saved it there when he was in Iraq.  I thought I would share:

So, I am in Tallil Iraq finally writing on the blog at the continous prodding of my loving wife. Well, I have been deployed now for four very long months it is dragging on terribly but I have found some hobbies to keep my mind somewhat occupied. Like Forrest Gump I have taken a liking to ping pong and have somewhat of a natural talent at it. When we are on the road and stop for the night at a base we look for our sleeping area then to the MWR for some ping! My buddy Jones gets ticked because I work him every time. Kelsey sent me a Rosetta Stone so I can keep up on my Italian but since getting here I guess Im having none of that because it hasn't even left the box but I will get on it.

My days consist of pulling security for convoys. We drive along with huge convoys of 18 wheelers to make sure they get back and forth without any occurances. When we are back at the base I am usually working on my truck which happens to be the biggest piece of crap. We were driving to Baghdad this week and a hose broke squirting coolant everywhere including on my legs so we had to tow it to Scania where we worked on it. My days of driving a 1978 Toyota Corrolla have finally paid off as I have mastered the art of jimmy rigging a vehicle. For what I lack in mechanical skills and enginuity I clearly make up for with my ability to keep a vehicle running, mechanical tape and zip ties are all you need.

I have been in a funk here lately that I have been trying to get out

No comments:

Post a Comment