Monday, June 17, 2013

Griffey's Preschool Class

I posted about Griffey's valentines a while ago, but I never posted the pictures of Griffey's class Valentine's party.  He was so excited to hand out his Valentines! I love that we are at the same school because it is so convenient for me to stop by his class parties during my breaks.
 He gave out neon heart sunglasses that were a big hit with his classmates. I had to go back to my class, but Griffey's teacher took a bunch of pictures of Griffey and his friends.  Apparently they loved having a photoshoot in their glasses.





Fast forward and here are some pictures of Griffey and his friends on their last day of school.  They had a class party and they all got awards. Here is Griffey with his closest friends in his class: Natasha, Jessie, and Ivan.

 Ivan and Griffey in the log cabin in their classroom.

Ivan and Griffey as Ninja Turtles.

Griffey fell onto the corner of a bookcase at our house and split open the skin near his eye.  He had this steri-strip on his eye and couldn't swim for a week.

They had a little dance party.  Griffey's moves involve his hands on the floor. :)

Natasha and Griffey waiting for their awards and presents from their teachers.

His award: Best Swimmer! They went on a field trip to the pool a few weeks before school was out and Griffey was excited to show off his swimming skills.  He even brought his own life jacket.

Opening his present from Teacher Maeve.

He gor a beanie baby with a soccer ball on its chest.  He loves it and sleeps with it every night.

Party snacks! Lots of cheetohs, cupcakes, and juice.

Griffey was sick of pictures at this point.
I am so grateful that Griffey was able to go to school at Emerson with me.  Whenever I had tough days, I was able to slip over to his class during my breaks, drink some chocolate milk, and hang out with Griffey.  I love his teacher because she was the perfect fit for Griffey and is an amazing preschool teacher.  It was also great to have someone my age to go talk with.

I  also loved that when he got out of school, sometimes he would run across the courtyard to my class to say hi and then run back to Teacher Maeve to wait for Anita, his babysitter, to pick him up.

Speaking of Anita, she is amazing also! She lives near the school and watches a lot of the teachers' kids.  I drop Griffey off before work and she walks him to school and picks him up and watches him until I am done.  She is so kind and sweet and loves Griffey so much.  She is so generous that she even offered to come to my house when the babies are born to help me out if my parents weren't coming.  She is so excited to take on the challenge of two newborns on top of all the other kids she already watches.

Thinds here have seemed to fall into place just like they needed to and I recognize it as a blessing for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment