Sunday, February 19, 2012

Griffey's First Train Sighting

When I was driving home from my indoor soccer game today, I was thinking about how it is supposed to rain all week but it was so nice out this evening.  I got home with about half an hour of daylight and I wanted to make the most of it.  I thought I was being pretty funny when I opened the door and said, "Life is passing by, let's go on a walk and see it!"  Adam is pretty used to my dorky comments and I expected a remark about my dorkiness, but instead he agreed pretty fast and off we went!

Griffey was so excited to go on a walk.  It has been a while since we have been so busy and the weather has been rainy lately.
Shh! Don't tell Grandpa! Griffey drove on his car that we were borrowing.


I really like the location we are in and our neighborhood.  Our house is the one over Adam's left shoulder with the porch light on. 
 
We walked down to the train tracks, about 10 blocks away and waited for a train.
We had heard a train whistle and go by when we were on our walk, which was why we decided to go see the train tracks in the first place.  Since a train had just gone by, we weren't expecting to see one.  Griffey was so excited to see it!  Man, his smile was huge! He waved and the conductor tooted his whistle twice for Griffey.
It was a spur of the moment thing to go on this walk, but I am so glad we did.  The little times when we check out of our busy lives and focus solely on our family are always the best.  This was a good reminder of what is important and I know this night will stay in Griffey's memory for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment