Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Snow Village

When I was a kid, I looked forward to helping my mom set up the snow village every Christmas.  I wanted the people to be set up just right and imagined where they were going and what they were doing when I placed them in the village.

I knew that when I was older, I would have a snow village too and put it together with my kids.  Luckily, I was able to get so many of the houses and figurines on clearance when I worked at Michaels.  I have slowly been building it up over the past few years, and my grandma gave me her snow village to add to mine also.  

My favorite building is the little church on the far left.  That came from my grandma's snow village and my mom had the same one in her village.  I always put it on a hill and out of the way, so it is peaceful.  ...I get pretty into it...

 Griffey was fascinated with it this year and he helped me sprinkle the snow on.

 Everyday he asked if he could touch one, so I would let him look it over and choose one to touch.  He loved it!
I only found his trains making their way through the village once.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I am starting a snow village. Griffy is so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete