Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Almost there....

School just started up again after winter break and I should actually be doing homework right now, but I needed to decompress a little first.

From now until June, our lives are going to be very crazy.  I will be student teaching part-time until April and then I will be student teaching full-time.  Also, I have night classes from 5-9 and 3:30-9 three days a week.  Luckily until April, I am done student teaching at noon so I have a few hours with Griffey until my night classes.

Griffey takes a nap a 12 or 1 for a few hours, so this is when I will be doing homework. So, actually I will only be with Griffey for about an hour while he is awake everyday besides when I am dropping him off at the babysitter and picking him up.

When I get out of class at 9, I go work out, clean the house, do a little homework, unwind a little, lay out my clothes for the next day and go to bed.  This term is going to be very monotonous and long, especially because I have to prepare a unit plan that I will be teaching for three weeks to my students, on top of the 1-2 lessons I will be teaching everyday.

I am feeling depressed and guilty for the quality of life Griffey is going to have until June.  Luckily, I get to see him and play with him for a little bit, but not very much.  His babysitter has a boy his age, so he has a friend that he looks forward to seeing everyday and our parents are helping out watch Griffey at night, so he gets to be around a lot of people that love him..

It may be harder for me to get used to than him, actually.  Winter berak was just so awesome.  Griffey and I would wake up, go to the gym where he would play in day care, then we would go do errands, dink around thrift stores, go to the library, or go out to lunch.  Then we would come home and play and nap and then wake up and play more.  It was so great to just hang out with him all the time and it is such a big change now.

I wake him up at 7 and we are out the door by 7:15 and we only see eachother for a little bit during the day.

People have had it a lot harder though.  My sister-in-law, Desi, went through the same program last year with a half hour commute to school and two kids waiting at home.

Although school doesn't get done until August, it will lighten up in June.  I just have to power through until then and know that this is just a short part of Griffey's life and I am in school to have a better life for us and show him the value of education.

So, anway, if you want to bring us dinner or come give me a back massage, you are welcome to. just kidding...kind of...

On a positive note, my cooperating teacher from my fifth grade class last term called me yesterday and told me I needed to come in because I have a pile of Christmas presents on my desk waiting for me.  So sweet! I love that class.

1 comment: