Friday, September 16, 2011

Experiences from Student Teaching

This fall, I will be working in a fifth grade classroom for my student teaching.  Actually, for this first term, I am not really teaching, just helping and observing.  I started a couple weeks ago and have been learning so much.  I'm already in love with a few of them!

Yesterday, we were talking about different land formations and after talking about lakes and giving the example of Crater Lake, the teacher started talking about Bays.  She gave the example of Depot Bay and asked why the city Depot Bay may be named that.  She was expecting the answer that it was named that because it was near a Bay, but it turned out a lot funnier.

Teacher: Why do you think the town is called Depot Bay?
Student A: Because it is deep?
Teacher: no....but good thinking. Anyone else?
Student B: Because it is near a Home Depot?

Ha. Because it is near a Home Depot. I love kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment