Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adam will be home in a week!

I got to talk to Adam this morning on Skype. I am really excited that we got that figured out because now we get to talk more and for free and see eachother. Even though he is so far away, the Skype connection is strong and there isn't a very big delay. If anyone wants to be able to talk to Adam, Skype seems like it is going to be the best option. If you need information on it or help, let me know.

Adam said that he is doing good and I can tell that he has relaxed a little more and made a few friends. Adam's birthday was on July 23, which was also the day that they traveled to Iraq from Kuwait. I wasn't able to talk to him on his birthday because he was traveling, but we decided we would just celebrate when he got home anyway.

Since they have gotten to Iraq, Adam said they haven't been doing very much and it doesn't look like they will have a lot of missions throughout their time there. He seems frustrated that he has to be there and they aren't even really doing anything, which I understand. He said that he has just been working out a lot, training, and trying to stay cool.

He will be hopefully traveling home on August 1st and will get here on the 2nd. He gets 15 days, not including the days used for traveling, so he will be here until the 17th and then he will leave on the 18th. My due date is August 13 and we were originally planning on being induced on the 6. The reason we chose the 6 is because we want to have Griffey blessed at church before Adam leaves and we thought the 9th would be the only Sunday Adam would be here. Now that we know he will be here on the 16th though, we will have Griffey be blessed that day and the induction date is still up in the air.

It is also possible that we will just wait for Griffey to come on his own. I have a feeling Griffey will be coming on his own earlier than my due date anyway because he is such a big boy. My doctor told me that even if I am induced a week early, he would probably be around 9 lbs! Holy Cow! haha. Adam was a 10 pound baby so I was kind of expecting it.

So the main dates to remember are:

Adam is home August 2-17.
Griffey will be blessed in Springfield 1st Ward on August 16. (and everyone is welcome to come to Griffey's blessing!)

5 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for Adam having to be over in Iraq while you and the Griff-man are here! The whole situation sucks, but you are doing a great job of being optmistic about everything. I'm really glad that he gets to come home and meet his son though. I'm super excited to meet Griffey too!!! Yay, he's almost here! Just remember, EPIDURAL, especially if he's 9 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your whole family. It's going to be so amazing to become parents and so wonderful that Adam won't miss it. I'm sorry he won't be able to stay for long, though. Good luck with the induction and all. It'll go well, don't be nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that things are working out for Adam to be home when Griffy is born. How exciting! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelsey! I'm so excited that you're so close to having your baby and that your husband gets to be there! If you don't mind, I added you to my blog list so that I can see pictures of your little guy when he gets here. Take care and good luck! Bekah

    ReplyDelete