Thursday, April 23, 2009

Selfish!

I really hate the military right now. This is so ridiculous. I am trying to count my blessings and be strong and brave and all that, but I am really fed up. Adam was supposed to be done with all of this in February. He was stop-lossed and now he is put back two or three years in school when he would have been graduating this summer. I have to live at home with my dad and Adam might not even get to come home when our baby is born.
I am just frustrated because I have been packing up our apartment this last week and it just isn't fair that we have spent the last two years creating a life and home together and now I have to pack it all up and we have to be separated by hundreds of miles right when we were establishing ourselves and creating a family.
I think the military is so selfish. Did they really need one more person on this deployment?? He is in the National Guard anyway. They should be home protecting the nation. The whole reason Adam signed up for the military in the first place was to get his school paid for and now that he is about to graduate, they are ripping his school away from him and he is going to have to start his second language courses all over. I can't imagine how frustrated Adam must be with all of this. I mean, I am frustrated and angry and resentful enough, and then he is actually there at training being yelled at in the face for no reason and running and doing road marches all day. My heart hurts for him. I wish they would just let him finish school.
I hate the military. I should be with my husband. And he should be able to attain his goals now. He has waited long enough.
I know I am just venting, but this week has been really hard. I am without my husband and my home and my bed. I have spent this week boxing up all of our memories and Adam's clothes and belongings. It hasn't been fun.
I don't want pity though, I just want to vent. Adam and I have been doing good at being strong supports for one another. We just take turns breaking down. I guess this is my turn.

7 comments:

  1. I shall join in your hatred of the military. I am mad for you. And sad =( I know you don't want pity but your post just about made me cry. (ok, maybe it did) I'm preggo and hormonal so you can't hold it against me. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time you need someone to listen, I will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Kelsey. I don't know how I would cope if Aaron had to leave, especially right before having a baby. If you need help with anything you can always ask Aaron or I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really sorry Kelsey. I can't even imagine what you are going through. It must be so hard. Vent whenever you want, that is why we are your friends. We will be here whenever you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should send Adam a picture of Carl to his cell phone... that might cheer him up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your support! I'm sure Adam would love to hear from all of you while he is there. He will be so lonely! And Aaron, I think you are right, that would definitely cheer him up! haha. We might have to do that...Or a skype version! haha!

    ReplyDelete