Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring is Here....and it Brought Snow!

It barely ever snows here and when it does, it doesn't stick on the ground.  On the rare occasions that we get an inch of snow that sticks, it is gone within a day. 

This is why it was very, very unusual when we got 5-7 inches of snow in one day on the second day of Spring!  It happened two days ago and there is still a bunch of snow on the ground.  So weird!

At first, I was not very excited about all the snow because it happened on my first day of Spring Break, so I was stuck at home.  All I wanted to do was go on a hike or go out and do something to celebrate being done with this term and I was stuck at home, but my attitude changed and we had fun with it.

Griffey got to wear his purple snow suit that I got at Value Village and he loved the snow.  His favorite part was throwing snowballs at Daddy.  Adam was inside and Griffey was throwing snowballs at the window where he was standing.

 Griffey also loved seeing his footprints in the snow.  We made a snowman, but I don't have much practice at it and it fell over within half an hour.  Now there are three giant snowballs in our front yard.
 When I went inside to get my camera, I looked out the window and saw Griffey adding a hat to the snowman.  See the little pile of snow on top of the snowman? That is his hat.

I can't believe how much snow we got! Look at that flowering bush! It is an oxymoron.  It is covered in spring flowers and snow.  Our poor daffodils were stuck frozen in the snow too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment